The Patrons’ Club welcomes applications for membership from People from all walks of life from within and without of the Gainsborough Constituency who are interested in supporting the future of the Gainsborough Constituency Conservative Association and the wider Conservative Party.
The Patrons’ Club is an exclusive group of local Conservative Party supporters. Membership includes subscription to the Conservative Party, but does not necessarily mean becoming involved in the day-to-day business of the Association - although you are very welcome to do so if you wish.
Subscriptions are paid by Cheque or Standing Order. Individuals can subscribe for £20 a month, whilst couples can subscribe for £30 a month.
You can join the Patrons’ Club by completing the form attached at the bottom of this page and returning it to GCCA Patrons' Club, Office 7, The Plough, Church Street, Gainsborough DN21 2JR.
There are no formal meetings of the members of the Patrons’ Club, the main event of the Patrons' Club is the Annual Club Lunch held usually in November each year, and for the past six years held at the RAF Club, Piccadilly, in central London.
Our next Annual Club Lunch will take place on Wednesday, 13th November 2019. Details can be found here.
Recent past speakers at the Patrons’ Club Annual Lunch have included:
- Rt Hon John Whittingdale MP, Member of Parliament for the Maldon Constituency (2018)
- Rt Hon Andrea Leadsom MP - Lord President of the Council and Leader of the House of Commons (2017)
- Rt Hon Esther McVey - Chairperson of the British Transport Police Authority (2016)
- The Baroness Pidding CBE - Immediate Past President of the National Conservative Convention (2015)
- Rt Hon Baron Feldman of Elstree - Party Co-Chairman and Chairman of the Board of the Conservative Party (2014)
- Rt Hon Owen Patterson MP - Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (2013)
- Rt Hon John Redwood MP - Member of Parliament for the Wokingham Constituency (2012)
- Rt Hon Andrew Lansley CBE MP - Secretary of State for Health (2011)
- Andrew Tyrie MP - Chairman of the Treasury Select Committee (2010)
- Nadine Dorries MP - Member of Parliament for the Mid Bedfordshire Constituency (2009)
- Jeremy Hunt MP - Shadow Secretary of State for Culture, Media & Sport (2008)
We also hold occasional Patrons' Club Dinners within (or near) to the constituency and these have in the past been held at Brockesby Hall. In 2012 the Dinner was held at The Jews House in Lincoln. The 2018 Patrons' Club Dinner was held at Hemswell Court and the guest speaker was Jake Berry MP - Parliamentary Under Secretary of State at the Department for Communities and Local Government.
Members of the Patrons’ Club will be invited to other ad hoc events; such as exclusive drinks receptions.