Declaration of Result - Gainsborough Constituency
United Kingdom Parliament
Election of a Member of Parliament for the Gainsborough Constituency on Thursday 7th May 2015.
I, Manjeet Gill, being the Returning Officer at the above election, do hereby give notice that the number of votes recorded for each candidate at the said election is as follows:
Name of Candidate | Description (if any) | Number of Votes*
- LEIGH, Edward | The Conservative Party Candidate | 29,949 Elected
- PRESCOTT, David | The Labour Party Candidate | 10,500
- SAXON, John | UK Independence Party | 7,727
- ROLLINGS, Lesley | Liberal Democrat | 3,290
- BARNES, Geoffrey | Green Party | 1,290
- DARCEL, Chris | Lincolnshire Independents | 505
*If elected the word ‘Elected’ appears against the number of votes.
The number of ballot papers rejected was as follows:
A. want of an official mark --
B. voting for more Candidates than voter was entitled to --
C. writing or mark by which voter could be identified --
D. being unmarked or wholly void for uncertainty --
E. rejected in part --
Vacant Seats: 1 - Electorate: 74,686 - Ballot Papers Issues: 49,261 - Turnout: 69.19%
And I do hereby declare that, Sir Edward Julian Egerton Leigh is duly elected a Member of Parliament for the Gainsborough Constituency.