Declaration of Result - Gainsborough Constituency
United Kingdom Parliament
Election of a Member of Parliament for the Gainsborough Constituency on Thursday 6 May 2010.
I, Rachel M. North, being the Acting Returning Officer at the above election, do hereby give notice that the number of votes recorded for each candidate at the said election is as follows:
Name of Candidate | Description (if any) | Number of Votes*
- LEIGH, Edward Julian Egerton | The Conservative Party Candidate | 24,266 Elected
- MCMAHON, Jamie | The Labour Party Candidate | 7,701
- O’CONNOR, Patrick Joseph | Liberal Democrat | 13,707
- PEARSON, Steven | UK Independence Party | 2,065
- PORTER, Malcolm Douglas | British National Party | 1,512
*If elected the word ‘Elected’ appears against the number of votes.
The number of ballot papers rejected was as follows:
A. want of an official mark 0
B. voting for more Candidates than voter was entitled to 24
C. writing or mark by which voter could be identified 46
D. being unmarked or wholly void for uncertainty 45
E. rejected in part 0
Vacant Seats: 1 - Electorate: 72,939 - Ballot Papers Issues: 49,366 - Turnout: 67.68%
And I do hereby declare that, Edward Julian Egerton Leigh is duly elected a Member of Parliament for the Gainsborough Constituency.