Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Location: Gainsborough, Lincolnshire
Salary: £16,010* pro-rata (part-time position 12 hours per week at national living wage)
Job Details: We are seeking to appoint an Administrative Assistant who can support our Organising Secretary in the running of our Association. Gainsborough is a solid Conservative seat that has been held by the Party since the general election of 1924.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic individual who will thrive on the wide range of challenges that a Association Office has to deal with. The precise role and salary will depend on the experience of the successful candidate.
This is a position where your interpersonal skills will be crucial. Priorities can change quickly, so you will need some flexibility in terms of time commitment which will not always be to a set pattern.
Working with our local volunteers and elected representatives, you will be involved in developing the Association’s membership as well as assisting in organising events and other activities. Supporting the Association’s digital presence and working with officers, branches and candidates to ensure smooth and efficient Election campaigns
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the operation of the office is within the allocated budget
- Ensuring a full range of secretarial and administrative support, including: telephone and visitor enquiries, responding to e-mail and letters, efficient data and file management
- Assisting in supervision of volunteers including: delegating work to volunteers
- Communicating effectively with both internal and external contacts when authorised, as required
- Competent use of IT including Microsoft Office package, e-mail and internet to: draft correspondence and reports; set up and maintain spreadsheets and undertake research, as required
- Use of the Association’s main database (VoteSource) and other information assets
Skills and capabilities:
- Well organised with a professional attitude
- Able to take ownership for fulfilling tasks and meeting deadlines
- An effective communicator with good interpersonal skills
- Solid motivation skills, able to inspire colleagues and Party volunteers
- Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party
Closing Date: Friday, 9th August 2019
Interview/Start Dates: Interviews will take place in Gainsborough w/c 18th August, to start Monday, 2nd September 2019.
Application Details: If you have the skills and track record required to succeed in this role, please complete an application form and return to email@example.com.
|Job Application Form [PDF FIle]||137.48 KB|